Things have been way too serious as of late, so it’s time to be a little lighthearted!
11 Reasons Babylon 5 is better than Star Trek!
- Star Trek: None to speak of, unless you count Romulan Ale, which you shouldn’t.
- Babylon 5: Spoo
- Star Trek: Warp Drive – which NASA says could happen in another 50-200 years.
- Hyperspace: Based on transdimensional physics theories which are actually in practical experimentation.
- Star Trek: Transporters – fundamentally flaws due to the fact that consciousness has not been quantified on the scientific level.
- Babylon 5: Shuttlecraft – based on sound physics and we already just jet aircraft.
- Star Trek: Artificial Gravity – based on some magic device which has never been described
- Babylon 5: Humans don’t have it on many ships, others use rotational sections, other races don’t have it, others have gravimetric propulsion systems which generate gravity wells as a useful side effect.
- Star Trek: Phasers – based on “fictional” particles called “Nadions” which do “damage” to “Stuff.”
- Babylon 5: PPG – a microfusion weapon which uses super heated helium stowed inside a spinning magnetic “wrapper” which “dissolves” on impact, causing damage.
- Star Trek: Phasers and Photon Torpedos – magnetic bottles inside tubes containing separate matter and antimatter packages. When they impact – boom! When they misfire, very very bad!
- Babylon 5: Energy weapons – already in development.
- Star Trek: An assortment of humanoid jerks, ranging from tall freaks with ridged foreheads to green-blooded bastards with a trumped up sense of morality.
- Babylon 5: Spidery looking superbeings with ships that could make quick work of every incarnation of the Enterprise.
- Star Trek: Utopian society in which everything is free, nobody has wants, and Earth is paradise.
- Babylon 5: Not much different than today, except now everyone is paranoid about aliens instead of each other.
- Star Trek: Captain gets the girls, First Officer is emotionless
- Babylon 5: First captain becomes a messiah for an alien race 1,000 years ago, second becomes a messiah for current day.
- Star Trek: A billion incarnations (some great, many awful), over a dozen movies, and Paramount Pictures calling the shots.
- Babylon 5: A couple of abortive successors to the original, an abortive movie and DVD series, and the creator RETAINS THE RIGHTS!
and of course…the tiebreaker.
- Star Trek: Kirk: Space. The, final, frontier. These, are, the voyages, of, the, starship, Enterprise.
- Babylon 5: Sheridan: These are your sons, your daughters, whose loyalties have never wavered; whose belief in this Alliance, has forced us to take extraordinary means. For peace, for justice, for the future, we have come home!