As a left-leaning moderate, I have become so fed up with both Democrats and Republicans, I have chosen to completely break away. In effect, I have chosen to secede from the American political duopoly (how does that one grab you, right wingers?) Rather than states’ rights, I am exercising citizens’ rights. After all, isn’t that what the big debate is about?
Ha! Think again. It’s about power, plain and simple. It’s about gaining power, holding power, using power to enrich and settle scores. That’s what it’s all about.
What to do, what to do, what to do? How about a declaration? Perhaps a simple statement of what moderates, like myself, consider a real vision for our government and *GASP* our nation! Maybe it should be bulleted – everyone loves a list, right? – maybe it should be run by a billion focus groups and news editors for clarity and political correctness. Hmmm, maybe it should even be endorsed by a celebrity or two. That just sounds wonderful and simple and a guarantee of people getting behind it, doesn’t it.
*Two fingers waaaayyyy down the ol’ gullet*
This is what I believe a moderate vision should look like – at least as far as a real platform goes. Maybe someone will have to the guts to either stand up and run or recruit someone to run on this platform as a real moderate, a real “gutless wonder” that so many on both sides hate. Yes, Limbaugh, Maddow, Erickson, Stephanopoulos, Boortz, Matthews, Hannity, Cooper and Savage, I’m talking to all of you fools!
How about that? Someone is finally standing up to both the left and the right? Well, I’m expecting to lose everything anyday now *tongue pressed firmly in cheek* Here’s the principles which comprise my vision:
- Veterans get ALL their benefits, regardless of our Congressional and bureaucratic ability to show a spine and pay. Enlisted men get paid a living wage – not just a sorry excuse for an allotment. Food stamps to the immediate families of enlisted personnel should be automatic and guaranteed – if we can blow the deficit for some stupid weapons system even the Pentagon doesn’t want, we can take care of our fighting men and women, no questions asked!
- We rebuild the infrastructure, period. Roads collapsing, trains derailing, bridges falling down, and you fools are screaming about government spending? Really? Lives are being lost and all you both do is go “neener, neener” at each other? You all should be ashamed of yourselves! If you can’t fix this, moderates will!
- Citizens United was a win for big business? Fine! Moderates will revise the tax code to make each and every political group, from the local party to the national 527s, a for-profit corporation subject to federal income taxes, with ZERO EXEMPTIONS or DEDUCTIONS! How about that one, Koch and Soros?
- Acts of Congress to make DC and Puerto Rico states, post haste.
- Love Obamacare so much, Congress? No problem – you get to have it, like everyone else. Kiss the Congressional Health Plan goodbye.
- Income caps on all Congressional Representatives – anyone with a net worth of over $1 million gets no pay for their ENTIRE term!
- Ditto for the President. Oh, and the first family pays a percentage of their vacations on Air Force One. Staycation, anyone?
- To hell with the “Fairness Doctrine,” just a simple message before all political programs – The following is a politically-oriented program which may, or may not, have been financed through advertising by a party and therefore, the opinions expressed may not be wholly that of the host.
- Repeal the Real ID Act because ANYONE who wants to get a black-market birth certificate to have a Drivers License can do it, while law-abiding “grey market” babies who are now adults CAN’T EVEN RENEW!!!!!
And, of course, I saved the best for last – a single sentence law.
Any legal American citizen over eighteen years of age, who is either a non-felon or a felon who has fully served their court-imposed sentence, is guaranteed the right to vote, regardless of income, race, ethnicity, gender, or sexual orientation.
Go ahead, Dems and GOPers…say I’m full of crap…I dare ya!
If you agree with this post, please share it with as many people as you can – I’m just a citizen who loves his country and is tired of money, power, and greed being the impetus for alleged “public service.” If I could run and survive all the moral and financial stupidity I committed in my life, I would do it in a heartbeat.