Well I’m at it again, a little zodiac humor and honesty. As I am a Virgo and a self appointed expert on all that’s Virgoan, I would like to offer this up for my readers in the spirit of good, clean, NON political fun. There is one sign which pushes ALL our buttons. Drum roll please…
Yes, that annoying, free spirited centaur just gets under our skin like nobody else. But there are some extremely valid reasons why Sag is a sign which makes us want to take their arrow and shove it where their lower half don’t shine. And away we go….
- A condescension like no other. My dad is a Sagittarius (your sympathies are appreciated) but I got lucky with him. He’s merely sarcastic. I’m referring to the Sagittarius who’s attitude is just, oh, 120 degrees off compassionate. The one who looks at someone less fortunate just a teensy bit judgy. That being said, the “moral” ones often have the most skeletons in their closets and are the masters of denials of said bones (a slew of lovers, an affair or two, problems at the office, a reputation for a smart mouth) – yeah, I know that’s a human thing, but Sagittarius is an artist. Virgo is critical, occasionally hypocritical and can come off as condescending, but Sagittarius genuinely think they are superior.
- Sorry, not sorry. I have yet to meet the Sagittarius who is genuinely remorseful for hurting someone unless it’s either family or something which threatens their livelihood and even then, it’s like getting an oppositional-defiant child to admit they’re wrong. Virgos rarely admit error because we usually are meticulous in what we do but when we screw up, we fall on our swords quickly. We just prefer you don’t point it out. Sagittarius rips us to shreds and later has to be proven they are wrong, and then it’s like watching a politician in action. Oh I voted for it, but I didn’t want to do it, and don’t blame me for it. That’s Sagittarius.
- Look at me! Fellow Virgos, you know what I mean. Sagittarius loves to talk about their lives, their achievements and….well, them. When it isn’t about them, it’s about something they are passionate about and, when the interest is not on what makes the red light turn green, the answer is invariably silence, apathy, or a change of subject back to something which interests them. Of course, we annoy the hell out of them when we drone on about our issues which, to them, seem like a mosquito bite but, hey, not everything is about what ol’ Sag wants to talk about.
- Short attention span theatre: Despite their propensity for condtescencion, Sags are by no means snobs. Unfortunately for hyper-focused Virgo, the garden-variety Sagittarius is flighty as shit! ADHD was likely first diagnosed in a Sagittarius patient by a Virgo doctor. While Virgos and Sags can be amazing friends, they often butt heads in the areas of responsibility and independence. A Sag does work hard for everything they have and believe others should too, but what causes them to work hard can become really old, really fast. Also, Sagittarians are excitement junkies (typical for fire signs, but especially for Sagittarians), which means when the rush is gone, it’s on to the next adventure….er….challenge. For us Virgos, who pride ourselves on job stability or, at the very least, a willingness do the dirty jobs, a Sagittarian’s career map looks something like an ink-blot test, all over the map, even if there’s cohesion in career. Speaking of flighty…
- Sagittarius almost always goes for the “trendy causes”: Save the Whales, Green Planet, Relief Telethons, and Social Media Movements are the Sagittarian’s dream come true. The Sag loves to be avante garde, mainly because many of them have a distinct superiority complex. This irks Virgo to no end, as we love to dive, feet first, into a grinding, plodding, dirty work charity such as Salvation Army or Habitat for Humanity. When Virgo and Sag get involved in a cause together, Sags are usually the “front men,” and often gallop off the second they are bored, leaving Virgo to clean up the mess.
- They are very much into the “Flavor of the Month.” If you are dating a Sagittarius and you havent gotten engaged after a year, don’t count on it. Sagittarius, especially females, are traditional singles – owing to the fact they crave independence. Virgos, conversely, are very commitment-oriented but take their time and look for the fly in the ointment, but not because of a desire to stray. Rather, a Virgo is always concerned about their own flaws creating an environment ripe for breakup. Of course this makes Virgo look like we want the single life forever. It’s not just relationships, either – Sagittarians are fashion-conscious and trend-oriented, and drive Virgos nuts by pointing how our “traditional” or “timeless”fashion sense is stale or old. Virgo fashion sense always comes back around, and Sag is usually claiming they were ahead of the curve when the reality is, Virgo was usually there first because, honestly, we didn’t move.
- They are profound, irritating know it alls. Okay, fairness time: Virgos are also know it alls but, chances are, we actually do know. Sagittarius is famous for winging it, the old “Fake it till you Make it” look. A Virgo will call out a Sag for an inaccuracy, and a Sag will usually respond with either silence or a smart remark. For Sagittarius (who absolutely hates to lose), being right is a competitive sport. Granted, Virgo needs to get a little thicker skin, but Sagittarius is devoted to the win, often at any cost..
- Insensitivity with a touch of smug. Any Virgo knows we are critical – we spot the flaw in something and point it out. It’s not because we want to hurt someone and tear them down – we genuinely want to help and perfect. Sagittarius, conversely, is blunt in order to be honest, but the “I don’t sugar coat” mentality is a bit much at times. Okay, most of the time. There comes a point where a soft touch gets the job done far more effectively than a slap in the face. Worse still is the fact that Sag tends to be smug about that insensitivity with the “get over it” attitude and the “I’m a stronger (whatever).” While Virgo needs have soft touch software installed; Sagittarius needs to have the smug virus removed.
- That aggravating, insufferable “shake it off” attitude: Yes, Taylor Swift is a Sag, and that’s zero surprise. I truly believe a Virgos life lesson is “shake it off,” and learning to live in the moment and just go with it. For Sagittarius, that life lesson should be the Virgo mentality of “look before you leap.” Whether it is love, money, career, or anything else, Sagittarians love, I mean absolutely get off, on telling Virgos to “get over yourself.” News flash, Sag Nation: Virgo isn’t the “get over it” folks – we are the “perfect it and do it better than you” folks. And finally…
- I’m spiritual, not religious: GAHHH!!!! (Insert extreme profanity here!) Many Virgos are profoundly spiritual creatures. Our intuition is super fine tuned, and we take our spiritual side seriously. Sagittarius is usually off-the-charts intuitive, but are so damned smug about it! Yes, we know you can call the outcome of a ballgame, or tell when someone is bullshitting, or spot a liar a mile away. We also know you can tell a great lover from a dud between the sheets, but hearing that “not religious” line smacks of a smugness that screams “I don’t need anyone but myself.” That’s all well and good, but if spiritual beliefs were a degree earning course, Virgos would have doctorates and Sagittarius would still be figuring out their major after 20 years. The exception is a Sagittarius who is actually religious, then their smugness is slightly less insufferable. Smug flightiness is the most insufferable thing on earth, and Sagittarius “spirituality” is the epitome of this.
- Adding a late arrival – they play The Martyr so very, very well. Sagittarius, more so the female than the male (sorry my experience is this is quite accurate) loves playing the martyr card. To them it’s always “woe is me, I’m so wounded and such a delicate flower. Nobody gets my pain.” The problem is Virgo sees right through your act with X-Ray vision. Honestly, male Sagittarius does this too, but usually when they are in “rebel without a cause” Mode, which is frequent. Female Sagittarius relies on a combination of her witty, ultra sexy personality and a cadre of “ride or die” friends who will believe her and stand by her even if she killed an entire family of meerkats in cold blood. Of course when Virgo lays a trap for Miss Centaur (the overwhelming majority of female Sagittarians are single unless they find the super hunk and that lasts about five years at best) and it springs, she dances out it and lays the blame squarely at Virgo feet, which leads us to basically decide “enough.”
To be fair, I know many Sagittarians who are loving, fun, enjoyable, jovial people to be around and, thankfully, do not allow the “button pushing” traits to be dominant. This is merely the shadow side which really pisses off Virgos. That said, I fully expect my Sagittarius friends to take me to task on this one. Be my guest. I may indeed be wrong on an individual level but, trust me, this is mostly accurate. If I offended you that much, could be that I actually plucked a nerve of truth? After all, aren’t Sagittarians devoted to the truth?
Don’t worry, Virgos – the one sign whose 9button we push gets their say next: Aquarius.